Get a flavour of our Art History courses in this session looking at two of the most renowned British landscape paintings, currently on display in the Scottish National Gallery.
By the end of this taster course, students should be able to:
- Make a visual analysis of the works of art considered in the course.
- Assess critically the content of a painting and its context.
- Compare critically works of art.
COL at the National Galleries of Scotland: Constable and McTaggart
- Introduction to Constable and McTaggart.
- Discussion of the two paintings in the Scottish National Gallery.
Tutor-led discussion focused on two paintings.
If you feel you have specific requirements to enable you to study with us, please contact our Student Support Team by email StudentSupport.COL@ed.ac.uk or by phone 0131 650 4400 to arrange a confidential discussion. Giving us this information will enable us to make arrangements to meet your requirements for studying in accordance with your rights under the Equality Act 2010.