This course is designed for complete beginners with little or no knowledge of Chinese language. In 50 hours of intensive learning over two weeks, students will cover Chinese 1.1 and 1.2 materials (usually taught across 20 weeks)
Students who enrol on this 1.1 and 1.2 combined course will receive a discount.
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- have a good command of about 420 Chinese characters
- be familiar with basic grammar and sentence structures that can be used in every-day conversations and to express events related to the present.
- have an understanding of China and its customs and ways of life.
Chinese Language Summer School for Beginners 1.1 & 1.2 (Block Discount)
- The Chinese pronunciation system “pinyin”;
- Making introductions;
- Presenting personal information, such as nationality and age;
- Using numbers and time;
- Talking about family.
- Measure words ;
- Buying things and ordering food;
- Talking about time and daily arrangements;
- Talking about events in the future;
- Describing a person's appearance.
The course is tutorial based with a combination of joint class activities and group work. Supplementary material is prepared by the teacher.
If you feel you have specific requirements to enable you to study with us, please contact our Student Support Team by email StudentSupport.COL@ed.ac.uk or by phone 0131 650 4400 to arrange a confidential discussion. Giving us this information will enable us to make arrangements to meet your requirements for studying in accordance with your rights under the Equality Act 2010.